Monday, January 29, 2007

The Redneck ATV

OK let me start at the very beginning. We have 18 acres of land. I like to ride around on my property to check things out. Well why get a fancy ATV when after all I do have a perfectly good riding lawn mower hey just take off the mower deck and off we go. I ride it everywhere. I have been using it to pick up horse poop Well someone has to do it and I haven't seen anyone biting at the bit to do it for me. Well today I just dumped the first load and was coming back up the hill when my ATV stopped dead in its tracks. So we hooked it up to the dually and proceeded to pull it down to my dads house he can fix anything Jim swore the last time we did this I tried to kill him. So I said I would ride the mower and he would pull it so off we go the way he was driving one would of thought that I had a million dollar insurance policy he was flying about 25 it felt like 40 down the hill now has anyone ever tried to apply breaks on a lawn mower at that speed???????? Well let me tell you don't bother. I was flying toward the back of the truck and I knew the stupid thing was going to flip so what else is a woman to do but jump off. Now let me tell you if given the choice I would rather be thrown from the horses at least I have sand in the round pen then go sliding down the gravel road on my stomach which I did scared poor Jim to death but what was the alternative I was hooked up to the truck by a rope and it was wrapping around the front tire. I scraped my elbow ran over my foot with one of the back tires and skinned my knees. Not a good day on the farm.

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Hi Jamie's mommy! Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

Jamie said...

mother, mother you will never learn will you. At least the neighbors don't blink an eye at your antics