Friday, March 2, 2007

The Storm

Thursday morning I was laying in bed messing with Jack which has become a routine. It is only 6A.M. when the phone begins to ring. Thinking it is Jim calling before work I jump up to answer it. Hello We are under a tornado warning it has rotation and is in Brixie and Zonie Be Careful. Now be careful--- mummmm I live in a tin can for gosh sakes. Where does one hide??? So being the logical person that I am I get dressed. Don't want the tornado to hit and me be in PJ's .Now what to take?????? Lets see----- better take my purse, jacket and leather gloves better grab coveralls to. Realize of course my logic is I need the gloves and coverall to help clean up the mess this tornado is going to leave behind. It's a good thing I have the chainsaw blade sharpened. I dash out of the house and drive down to my mommie's house. As I run inside to escape the down pour I say this is as careful as I can be I will just come down here. So as Dad watches out the window and mom and I drink coffee the clouds pass overhead. A Few minutes later we hear that the tornado has touched down this side of West Plains. The crew is on the way. I am thinking well we will be busy if this is bad. At 7 I went home. I found out later that morning that it had hit Caulfield and taken 2 Mobile homes with it killing a 7 year old girl. It makes me realize a basement home would be nice. But what good is it when tornado's hit at night or early morning when we are asleep. I mourn for the child I did not know and pray for the family to find peace in their loss. The father was med flighted to Springfield where he is in critical condition. All the time I realize it could of been a lot worse but this is bad enough.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I'm glad you are safe. ((hugs))